Alexis
Way back in January a friend of mine decided to blog everyday for a month...and in the process much hilarity ensued. It was really interesting as her reader and friend and I wondered what might I do with the same challenge... so I vowed to start in February...and forgot until about the 3rd. On to March... I forgot...again.

So here it is April. April Fool's Day no less, and I remembered my personal challenge.

It's really hard to feel like I am going to have to figure out something worth writing, and reading, every. single. day.

But here I go.

It's very cold today which is a nice start... it gives me an excuse to sit in front of my computer bundled up in my blankie waxing profound. The weather is so bizarre, a week ago my kids were swimming in the pool outside, now I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to turn the heat on.

Oh no...my first day and I am talking about weather. Yikes.

It fits my mood though... I am not sad per se, but it's sort of overcast and slightly gloomy... great thinking weather.

It's really quiet in the house, the older kids are out with Grandma and the baby, who is no longer a baby, is taking a nap.

It used to be when I was alone I couldn't wait to turn on some music and rock out...but the quiet is so beautiful. Just the sound of the running water of the fish tank.

Silence is really underrated.

I think in the silence I can really hear the vastness of God. Of His great love for me. of his choosing me.

In the vastness of the quiet my heart can truly sing to Him and call out to Him.

I feel like God has reawakened...or perhaps awakened for the first time...passion for serving Him. I feel like I see God in a way I never have before. I feel His love and His challenge in a way that electrifies my very soul. I can hardly sit still for the excitement, yet that is what He is asking me to do. To sit and ponder, and feel and, love and be loved like never before.

Is this my time of refreshing? Is this rest before the battle? Or is this how I am called to fight at this moment in time?

I understand Joy in sorrow. I understand excitement in grief. I relish it and let it wash over me.

So this is it...day one of my ramblings...
2 Responses
  1. staceelianna Says:

    i'm so excited that you are blogging everyday. i loved it when nicky did it and now im going to love you doing it!! =] <3


  2. Terri Says:

    Yipee! I am rooting for you Alexis...I am positive that you will acccomplish your goal...and gain perseverance!