Alexis

Some days I see a gimps of the relationship I'll have with my darling daughter when she grows up. I see glimpses of the two laughing and talking over coffee or while getting our nails done. I see us talking about the important and the ridiculous. I see myself weeping over her babies when I hold them for the first time and falling in love with the young man of God who will win her heart.

I see some of this in the midst of the daily battles over things both small and great. Over acts of will and acts of defiance and the moments of sheer joy that punctuate our days.

Tonight I kissed her goodnight on the eve of her birthday realizing that these past 8 years have gone by in a mere blink and I only have so many days left to help mold her little heart and guide her into a real and deep relationship with Her Savior.

I saw her sly smile and I thanked God so much for the gift He gave me those 8 years ago. And, once again I sat, slightly awed that He sees me as capable of guiding her wild and beautiful spirit.

Just help me show her how real you are Lord and how in love with her you are!
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    aaww Phoebs <3.

    you've already done such an amazing job Alexis (: And you will continue to do so.


  2. Hattie Says:

    Happy Birthday Phoebe!!!