Alexis
The problem with reading about 20 blogs an a regular basis is that you are way more likely to get tagged that way...so I guess I'll play along. :)

1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
It disturbs me how many people in my world are anti-Egg Nog. I remember my first Egg Nog Latte of the season this year, and thinking it tasted like Christmas in a cup.

2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
My favorite part of any present any time of the year is opening it. I can't imagine not wrapping gifts.

3) Colored lights or white?
I am a white light girl. But a few years back I put a string of colored "pearl" lights on the tree too. It was so pretty. Like light up decorations.

4) Do you hang mistletoe?
There are way to many people in this house to hang sprigs of poison around. Plus I get all the kisses I need.

5) When do you get out your decorations?
Usually the day after Thanksgiving...but this year, since I was out the door by 4:30am, there was a delay.

6) Favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert?
This is tough. I'm really a dessert girl. But if we are talking Christmas then it's gotta be the HoneyBaked ham....mmmmm.

7) Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Ok, I can really only clearly remember one specific time...but in general my mother's ability to fool me into thinking the big gift under the tree was for my dad...and not me...year after year.

But my most favorite holiday memories are of my kids...especially the year daughter got a Hello Kitty Etch-A-Sketch and screamed when she opened it.

8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
That he exists and is amazing?

9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I love opening one gift on Christmas eve but don't think we have in a while because of bedtimes and excitement and all.

10) How do you decorate your trees?
White lights, purple and deep red ornaments, and lots of keepsake and kid made ornaments.

11) Snow, love it or hate it?
I love that we can go visit the snow and then come home...in the same day!

12) Can you ice skate?
I can. I love it. There is an outdoor skating rink this year. In Southern California! I can't wait to go.

13) Do you remember your favorite gift?
Ummm... I think it was my ring last year. It's one I've wanted for years and years and it says, in Hebrew, "I am my beloveds and He is mine"

14) What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Jesus is the obvious answer. But it is even deeper to me now...the idea that this beautiful and perfect baby boy is celebrated because at just 33 years old he would die such a brutal death in order to free me from sin. I connect to the message more as I get older.

15) Favorite Holiday dessert?
I love ALL dessert.

16) Favorite Christmas tradition?
I love the tradition of how we spend our break, so much family time.

17) What tops your tree?
There is an angel that resembles our first one, last year we had a star but this year that star has moved lower and our angel is back.

18) What's better giving or receiving?
Everyone says giving. I do agree. I love to get a gift as much as anyone but I love to get a good gift for someone I love.

19) Favorite Christmas song?
Celebrate the Day by Relient K. I cry every.single.time.

To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life

20) Candy Canes, yummy or yucky?
Yummy! Especially if used to stir Egg Nog or Hot Cocoa

21) What do you want for Christmas?
I won't really get gifts this year and that is just fine. I want to spend time with my good friends and my loving husband. Oh, there are two things I really do want but they aren't gifts in the traditional sense. I want one for my friend Jennie and one for me...

22) Do you attend an annual Christmas Party?
I do. I look forward to our annual church banquet every year.

23) Do you dress up for Christmas eve?
Only if my husband and I manage to get a date in.

24) Do you own a Santa Hat?
Actually no, I do not. My husband has one I think, but not me.

25) Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
My parents and my immediate family.

And now I am supposed to tag someone...or four someones...hmmm...
Krista, Cassi, Hattie, and Shanna
2 Responses
  1. Iloveaussies Says:

    I loove that song too! and hello kitty makes me scream in delight also!


  2. Krista Says:

    Tagged again! And I didn't even do your last tagging. *hanging head in shame* I don't actually have anyone to tag, but I might do the questions anyway. ;)