Alexis
If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen this post.


This is an actual water container that a little girl in The Congo started carrying 6 miles, 3 times a day, when she was just 5 years old. I could barely lift it and it wasn't even full. Partner with me and let's change lives and communities. #runningforwater

What you couldn't see in just a quick snapshot was that I was nearly in tears hearing the Leader from World Vision talk about his sponsored child carrying that very container, thinking about how my youngest son is a vibrant robust 8 year old who sometimes has a hard time carrying a milk jug. The idea of him being THREE years into his water fetching responsibilities broke my heart.

I knew when I, a dyed in the wool NON-Runner, signed up to run the LA Half Marathon with Team World Vision, that it would challenge and change me, but I had no idea how much.

I am so hopeful that you will want to join with me in this crazy and world changing endeavor. You might not be able to physically run with me on March 9th, but you can join me in prayer as World Vision aims to eradicate the water crisis in Africa in *my lifetime*...or, you can partner with me financially. I am only 7% to my goal but I know we can do this together!

0 Responses