Alexis
I just tucked a handful of kisses and an armload of hugs into my pockets. Kisses flung from the little step that leads to the upper level of our house, flung by a little girl who is going to be grown before I even blink.

These kisses were fought for. Not tonight, but it seems everyday brings new challenges with her. Everyday we seem to butt heads a little more. So it's these moments where we can find reconnection that keep us both going.

It seems like this aspect of our relationship sprouted over night, and at times it breaks my heart. She is not bad or disobedient, really. It's just a special kind of tension between mothers and daughters. A tension I once thought I was never going to experience, but here it is.

In quiet moment, when I really think about it, I'm kind of proud of her fierce determination. Proud that she has such a strong sense of self, that she'll not be swayed even by her own mother. I can only hope I have had some of the honor of imparting that to her. And I can only pray that I will be obedient to God in helping to mold that into the dynamic woman of God she is called to be.

I am amazed everyday at these little people that God has entrusted to my care. Amazed at the profound responsibility to parent them and that He chose me to do it.

That El Roi, the God Who Sees Me, believes in me enough to give me this great honor...and I thank God for that.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses