Alexis
Type... type...words... babble...delete.

This is how the posting is going tonight.


Blathering and trying to make simple thoughts seem important. Wanting to pour out my jumbled thoughts and give the appearance of connecting to them a little more than I do.

I want to reach deep and reveal a piece of myself... but I keep coming up short.

The truth is, I'm kinda not feeling it tonight. I'm not feeling bad, or sad,or cranky, or angry... nothing negative at all. Actually, I'm just not feeling much of anything beyond "normal".

I just started to say my day was average, and it was, but it occurs to me my average days are filled with a lot of great stuff. Laughter, silliness, Jesus, friends, my kids(kid drama is even sweet in it's way), some great conversation with my wonderful husband.

There were some lame spots too... too many chores left undone, cranky kids or grown-ups, bills, and other slightly annoying stuff.

Also, in my average day I realize, that still I am so blessed, that my peace and my joy run the background music of my life. That if I really listen and pay attention it is always there.

That's pretty cool.

So now I'm sitting on the couch, everyone is asleep and I kinda wish i had a girlfriend or two to hang out with...but even if I don't it's okay.

Maybe I'll just have an average night with some silly tv and a few leftover cookies.
4 Responses
  1. Nicky Stade Says:

    I hope I wasn't one of the cranky grown-ups today, although I could totally see how I could have been in my sleepy stupored state...LOL I'm home from dinner now and off to bed--early for once. Enjoy your night of cookie dough couch bliss...


  2. I want to come over soon....
    I am a grownup...at least sometimes!

    <3,
    Stacey


  3. staceelianna Says:

    its so funny how you say no one reads this but me... yet you have millions of comments before i even get here. [yes 2 count as millions lol] <3


  4. Cassi Says:

    nothing really profound to say back either... just letting you know I was here... and I am home with not much going on (although people assume that I am ALWAYS busy...) so if you ever want/need a friend over - give me a call!!