Alexis
It is just after 10pm and my sweet baby boy is running around the living room, a full 2 1/2 hours after his bedtime...with no sign of slowing down.

We had a long after noon at his grandmothers house and a hard nap in the car on the hour drive home... so now his internal clock is all wonky.

Before I had children, and especially before I had 4, I never imagined that this would be okay with me. That I would give in to a child who clearly didn't understand what his little body needs.

But here I am.

Is this my ideal? No. The best choice? Probably not.

I am doing what is best for us now with the resources I have available.

I know I am far from the perfect parent and sometimes I'm not even on the same planet as that ideal. But I try. I try everyday to do the best I can and reevaluate when I'm not doing so well...

In short, I am working really hard at being honest with my goals, motivations, and failures.

Isn't that the best any of us can do?

Look at what the truth is and correct where life's not working?
Labels: , edit post
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Our feet. On the field of the soon to be WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Dodgers.


  2. staceelianna Says:

    i really like your picture for today! :] and if i was you... i would probably let jack run around 2 1/2 hrs after his bed time... because hes basically adorable.


  3. Rachel Says:

    I used to get upset and frustrated when my children woke me up at all hours of the night. I even did that schedule thing where you kept track of their sleep time, wake time, diaper changes and feedings. I was so strict with my first. Then, a wise woman who worked in the nursery at my church shared something with me. I was complaining about how tired I was because the twins were keeping me up constantly throughout the night and she said that she loved waking up with her kids just so she could be with them and how she wished they were young again. She wasn't trying to make me feel guilty, but it totally changed my perspective. Now, I almost look forward to waking up with Tristan even if I'm exhausted :). No more schedules for me.