Alexis

I understand that there are still two days until October but it seems strange to start a new project like Blog-A-Day midweek, and I am so excited about a silly title like Blogtober that I just couldn't wait.

October is probably one of the more interesting, if not unwise, months to start such a project but it just seems right.

Two weeks from today is my youngest daughters first birthday, and two weeks from Wednesday marks the anniversary of her death.

And while I tend to keep posts about her confined to my other blog, I am sure there will be a lot of overlap.

I miss her more and more everyday, and I wonder how her birthday will change me?

Somehow I feel like this month is going to bring some sort of rebirth for me. I am not sure why I feel that but I do. I feel like my family is growing and evolving and this month marks some further changes.

Maybe it's just this season... everything is changing, the air is turning crisper and soon we'll be spending chilly evenings snuggled up with movies and popcorn, warming ourselves with yummy cups of hot cocoa.

This season is also the same one that my courtship with my husband began and the season we welcomed three of our four babies.

I guess the fall just has it's own magic around here.

Some things to look forward to this month:

*Thoughts on homeschooling and parenting my children. The unique joys and struggles that come from spending so much time getting to know and mold my babies.

*Adventures in couponing and bargain seeking. I swear it's like a drug, the rush that comes from saving more than I spend or getting something free. (Check out the links under "saving money" off to the side)

*Random angst and silliness, often all at the same time.
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. staceelianna Says:

    YAY! i love blog-a-days!!! i'm so exctied!! :D


  2. Cassi Says:

    I'm thrilled that you are listing things to be thankful for - or to look forward to...


  3. Miss Candice Says:

    Woo hoo! Yay for blog-a-days! haha! I hope this fall season brings only the best changes and lots of growth to your family.

    There's really just something about this season for me too... like you said... there is change all around.