Alexis
Waaaaaay back in August, when Stacee presented this crazy idea to run a half marathon to raise money for Team World Vision, I thought "Cool. 13.1 miles. That will be tough but fun."

Let me tell you, I had no idea at. all. what I was signing up for. None.

It wasn't just the 13.1 miles we ran on March 9th, but the 150-200 training miles we ran over the course of 6 months...it was the new shoes, chiropractor visits, special socks...it was hours and hours of physical strain.

It was hard.

And it was life. changing.

It's taken me a long time to try and formulate words to put with my experience, mostly because I don't really understand a lot of it, not yet, maybe not ever.

I don't know why running = clean water. I don't know why someone says "Yes, I'll support this" when you put one foot in front of the other over and over again. Much like I don't know why Jesus spit in mud to heal a blind man. Most of all, I don't know how finishing a 13.1 mile run, and connecting to a cause that had never really been on my radar before, completely reworked who I am inside.

It's not the running. I still don't really love running, I like having run. I like doing a fun 5k with cool goodie bags are a silly theme, but it's not the running that changed me. It was doing something huge, something so far beyond myself, so in opposition to who I thought I was...God healed something deep inside me on the streets of LA on March 9th, in a sea of 25,000 God stretched out His hand and showed me a strength I never knew I had. Taught me that I can persevere, and that I don't always just give up. That, with His leading, I really can do hard things!

With Eden's diagnosis, my pregnancy with her, and her death...He showed me I could survive hard things. That I could still grow in the midst of trial... but this time, it was that I could *do* hard things. That I could step it faith and push on. I never knew that about myself, and have spent much of the last 39 years feeling like a quitter. Listing my failures and half finished projects as constant proof.

Not anymore. On March 9th I ran 13.1 miles for God's glory. He led me, and I pushed hard... and He blessed me with a chance to partner with Him to *change lives*. Not a few either... at last count the Team World Vision LA Marathon team had given clean water to just over 14,600 people!!!
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Someone trying to lose weight by attempting to limit the carbs they eat by consuming gluten-free foods is not likely to be successful and may actually gain weight. fake gucci If trying to lose weight, by going 'gluten-free', you might as well just become a vegetarian. dior replica But I digress...Gluten-free wheat to make pizza is important to those with celiac disease, again because people with the illness cannot digest the protein correctly and could become ill. fake handbags People that often get diarrhea from eating a lot of grains can also benefit from going gluten-free. gucci replica Your graduating high school student will undoubtedly enjoy his or her pizza party and with gluten free pizzas and pastas present, everyone will have something they can enjoy. louis vuitton outlet Finding a gourmet pizzeria that delivers will make it even better!